15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta (found through kitchn.com)
Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavour and a hint of lemon. This is my newest favourite pasta dish. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so creamy and thick, you will think there is cream hiding in there.
Inspired by My Recipe.org.
Yield: Serves 2
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, (probably optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.
Gunz Note: FABULOUS! The sauce is delicious, and has an excellent creamy texture and taste, all without the dairy products that are usually used to do this. MAKE SURE that you use the correct amount of salt, because that is really what makes the flavor miraculous.
Also, I had some difficulties, due to assuming that just because the recipe did not tell me to peel the avocado that I wouldn’t need to, but that was wrong. PEEL THE AVOCADO FIRST! My blender also had some trouble with the avocado, but I hope that using an immersion blender will fix that in my next attempt.